Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Presents Cardiac Advances at EuroMedLab 2019
By Labmedica International staff writers
20 May 2019
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Raritan, NJ, USA) sponsored an educational workshop on high-sensitivity troponin assays and presented five scientific posters at EuroMedLab 2019, the 23rd IFCC-EFLM European Congress of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, which took place from May 19-23, 2019, at the CCIB - Centre Convencions Internacional in Barcelona. Ortho also displayed its new multi-test VITROS Chemistry Product Slides, the VITROS Cell, a compact automation solution allowing two VITROS XT 7600 instruments (launched in 2018) to operate as a seamless solution, and the VITROS XT 7600 Integrated System at its booth during the congress.
Ortho, an in vitro diagnostics company serving the clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities, offers sophisticated testing technologies, automation, information management and interpretation tools to clinical laboratories around the world to help them run more efficiently and effectively and improve patient care. Ortho's high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs in more than 125 countries and territories.
In addition to the educational workshop, "The Clinical Use and Performance of High-Sensitivity Troponin Assays with the Esc 0-1 Algorithm: Overcoming Challenges in Implementation," Ortho presented the following five scientific posters at EuroMedLab:
- Evaluation of the New Multi-Test VITROS Chemistry Product Slides on the VITROS XT 7600 Integrated System
- Sigma Metrics for Assessing the Analytical Quality of the New Multi-Test VITROS XT Chemistry Products Slides
- Precision of the New Multi-Test VITROS Chemistry Product Slides on the VITROS XT 7600 Integrated System
- Performance Evaluation of the VITROS hs Troponin I Assay on the VITROS ECi/ECiQ and 3600 Immunodiagnostic and VITROS 5600/XT 7600 Integrated Systems
- Performance Evaluation of the VITROS Immunodiagnostic Products B·R·A·H·M·S PCT Assay on the VITROS 3600 Immunodiagnostic System
"Ortho is committed to staying ahead of the rapidly evolving clinical lab environment," said Joan Martin, executive vice president and head of Ortho's EMEA region." At this year's EuroMedLab, we're proud to be presenting data on two of our just-launched, key product offerings: our new high-sensitivity troponin assay and Ortho's VITROS XT MicroSlide. The XT MicroSlide can perform two tests simultaneously to improve lab workflow performance, productivity and clinical outcomes."