The cobas SARS-CoV-2 Variant Set 1 for use on the cobas 6800/8800 Systems is an automated, multiplex, real-time RT-PCR assay for the qualitative detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 mutations N501Y, deletion HV-69/70 and E484K in e.g., nasal and nasopharyngeal swab specimens from patients with known SARS-CoV-2 infection to support the understanding of variant epidemiology for Population Health Management. The assay is intended for research use only and is not for use in diagnostic procedures. Request Information
• Efficient workflow: Increase workaway time with ready-to-use, pre-filled cassettes and predefined software protocol (USAP) recognizable by RFID tag.
• Optimized design: Reduce complexity of testing, alleviate upfront assay design and minimize variability with pre-validated assay and standardized reagents and consumables.
• Consolidated testing: Meet high-volume demands with the cobas 6800/8800 Systems and expand assay offerings to other Roche molecular COVID-19 solutions and beyond. Request Information
• Targets: N501Y, E484K, del 69-70
• Kit configuration: 384 test cassette
• Minimum amount of sample required: 0.6 mL
• Sample processing volume: 400 µL
• System software: cobas 6800/8800 System Software 1.3 and 1.4 USAP. Not compatible with Software 1.2
• User interactions: Pre-filled cassette. Analysis package software with preset run parameters.
• Test duration: Results are available within less than 3.5 hours after loading the sample on the system
• Open kit stability: 90 days with 40 re-uses
• Regulatory label: For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures Request Information